rocking jaffa

ten months of life in jaffa (yafo, yafa) has turned into, well, more than ten months. its not just the oranges i stayed for, but also the figs.

Friday, April 28, 2006

who’s going to pay for the therapy?

my living/working circumstances have gotten me involved in a joint-custody situation. numa’s parents had a wonderful, loving relationship but when he was at the tender age of not-quite-1, they split up. both stayed in yafo and neither was ready to relinquished custody of their beloved blondy.

without the aid of the courts, they reached a mutual time-share agreement. so for the past 6 months, numa has lived with his father (my roommate) and every morning his mother (my co-worker and friend) picks him up and brings him to the office to spend the day with him. at the end of each day, she brings him back home (to my apartment) where he spends the night with dad. occasionally, they ask me to be the middle man and take him to/from work/the apartment. now, at a year and half, numa appears healthy and adjusted. he often barks at small children, but I don’t think that’s anyone’s fault. and no matter how you cut it, I spend a whole lot of time with a very large canine, especially for someone who grew up in a dog-unfriendly household.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home